- Kourtney Kardashian Flashes Bra Wearing See-Through Lace Top — Too Sexy For Church?
- Rihanna Hit
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 2
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 1
- Chilling PHOTOS Show Moment Terrified Passengers Cower Under Desks and Run For Their Lives After Suicide Bomb Blasts Rock Brussels Airport
- BREAKING NEWS: At Least 28 Dead After Suicide Bomber Detonates Near American Airlines Check-In Desk At Brussels Airport Before A SECOND Blast Hits Metro Station Just Yards From EU Headquarters-UPDATE
- Belgium On Terror Lockdown: Brussels Metro Closed And People Warned To Avoid Public Areas After 'Serious And Imminent Threat' Alert Over Paris-Style ISIS Attack
- Paris Terror Suspect 'Was Planning Fresh Brussels Attack' When He Was Caught As It Emerges He Intends To SUE French Prosecutor For Revealing He Backed Out Of Blowing Himself Up
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- Beaten And Made To Carry Bags Of Rocks For 18 Hours A Day: Lesbian Ex-Mormon Tells Of Shocking Abuse Her PARENTS Subjected Her To In 'Conversion Therapy To Make Her Straight'
Royal baby weight: How much did Prince William and Kate Middleton's little prince weigh in at?
- 22/07/2013 19:03:00
More from UK News
- Simon Cowell gives sarcastic response to Britain's Got Talent stunt dog row but refuses to comment
- Ashes 2015: New England boss Trevor Bayliss tells troops to attack Australia — or else
- French Open 2015: Novak Djokovic destroys Rafael Nadal in straight sets to reach semi-finals
- Tragic schoolgirl Amber Peat found hanged police reveal
- Timbaland attempts to defend Caitlyn Jenner transphobic meme he posted and fails miserably
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
The new Prince of Cambridge's arrival was announced on an easel outside Buckingham Palace
Prince William and wife Kate Middleton welcomed their first child yesterday - a little boy .
Their son's arrival was announced with a press release before the notice of his arrival was posted on an easel outside Buckingham Palace.
That official notice included his weight - a healthy 8lb 6oz.
The weight is within the average range for a newborn and somewhat heavier than his father, who weighed 7lb 1.5oz when he was born in 1982.
Reports suggest the Duchess of Cambridge was around 41 weeks pregnant when she gave birth - a week overdue .
For babies born at 41 weeks in England during 2011, the average birth weight was 3.6kg (7lb 15oz), according to data from the Health and Social Care Information Centre.
The average birth weight of all of the 577,616 babies born was 3.4kg (7lb 8oz) - excluding the weight of those born as twins or triplets who tend to have lower birth weights.
Almost two thirds of babies born in England and Wales in 2010 weighed between 3kg (6lb 9oz) and 4kg (8lb 13oz), according to Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures.
Of the 700,000 children born during that year more than 460,000 were in this range.
The ONS figures also show that 30.3% of babies born in 2011 weighed between 3.5kg (7lb 12 oz) and 4kg.
Almost 12% weighed more than 4kg.
Consultant obstetrician Patrick O'Brien, of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists said the average weight of a baby born around its due date is 3.7 kilos (8.2lbs).
"What's more important than weight is if a baby has been growing normally," he said.
"We really don't mind whether babies are big or small or average, but we want to see that babies are growing along their own lines.
"(8lb 6oz) is a touch above average but a good sized baby.
"Of course we don't know how far overdue she was because we don't know when her due date was.
"(When a baby is a good weight) it means they have been growing well, the placenta has been working well. It doesn't necessarily imply that it's healthy but it's more likely to be healthy than a baby that hasn't been growing very well in the womb."
Breedagh Hughes, Northern Ireland director for the Royal College of Midwives, added: "That's a good weight for a baby.
"It's well within the normal range but it's on the upper end of the normal range.
"Of course his mum and his dad are both tall so that's probably not unexpected entirely.
"8lb 6oz is a terrific weight and a very healthy weight for a baby.
"I noticed a lot of comments about Kate's bump having been really quite modest but she's a tall girl so there is plenty of room in the for a baby to hide itself.
"If you have somebody who's 5ft 2in tall, the bump will all be at the front because there is not much space to fit it into, but Kate's 5ft 10in, so there is plenty of room there for the baby to spread itself out."
Royal Babies through the yearsView gallery