- Hillary Clinton puts gay rights at the center of her presidential campaign
- Obama offers his 'deepest condolences' for the US airstrike on Doctors Without Borders hospital in Afghanistan that left 19 dead as UN raises the possibility of a war crimes investigation
- Ridley Scott's The Martian stars Matt Damon and it took in $18million on its first day
- The distraught sister of Jim Carrey's 'suicidal ex who was found dead next to the actor's pills' leaves LA as claims surface Carrey will be questioned by police
- Amazing video shows dancers performing to Justin Bieber song while riding HOVERBOARDS
- Imogen Anthony reveals the big reason she fell for funnyman Kyle Sandilands and insists he bounces out of bed every day smiling
- 'Like everyone else he puts his hair on one strand at a time': Saturday Night Live skewers Donald Trump and lesser-known Republicans in season's debut sketches
- Blooming lovely! Rachael Finch and her mini-me daughter Violet opt for matching floral sundresses for family beach outing
- Hillary shows off her best Trump impression on Saturday Night Live: Clinton sings Lean On Me, mocks The Donald, dances and cracks jokes as she tries to put her lighter side on display
- ‘My children tell me she is a delightful lady’: Ex-wife of Julie Bishop’s boyfriend David Panton opens up on her former partner’s relationship with the Foreign Minister
Morbidly obese 23-year-old features on new season of My 600-lb Life
More from Woman
- Lydia Hipkiss is the ONLY Briton to have made it into the Hooters Swimsuit calendar
- Kathryn Mewes opens up about her struggle to bond with her daughter
- Woman who fell pregnant after four years of trying reveals the news in Facebook video
- Husband's grief as his bride Lucy Guy loses her cancer battle
- Ethiopian villagers adding Disney bags and football shirts to their traditional dress
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
- Christina, from South Haven, Mississippi, says that she feels 'trapped' inside her 670lb body
- She is confined to a wheelchair and spends most days on the couch watching television
- Penny, 46, also appears in TLC's new eight-part series - she has to participate in family dinners through Skype from her hospital bed
By Sadie Whitelocks
PUBLISHED: 13:54 EST, 24 December 2013 | UPDATED: 18:35 EST, 24 December 2013
A 23-year-old morbidly obese woman, who relies on her husband and mother to wash and get dressed, features in the new season of TLC's My 600-lb Life.
Christina, from South Haven, Mississippi, says that she feels 'trapped' inside her 670lb body and humiliated by the fact her family are her daily caregivers.
Desperate to get her life back on track, she embarks on year-long journey to lose the weight needed for bariatric surgery.
Scroll down for video
Call for help: Christina, 23, from South Haven, Mississippi, who appears in one episode of 'My 600-lb Life', weighs 670lbs and is unable to leave home without assistance.
Growing up she was the oldest of all her siblings and was usually referred to as the 'bigger' one.
Her weight continued to climb as she got older. By seventh grade, Christina tipped the scales at 300lbs and at 17-years old, she was over 400lbs.
At her heaviest, aged 22, she weighed 678lbs.
On the right track: Christina, seen with her husband Zach, meets with doctors in the new TLC show to try and find a solution to her crippling weight
Weight struggles: Christina, seen with her mother, was always the 'bigger one' out of her siblings growing up
After shutting herself away from friends, Christina got married at a young age and has not left her home since.
She is confined to a wheelchair and spends most days on the couch watching television.
It wasn’t until a suicide attempt two years ago, that Christina and her family realized that something had to change.
They signed her up for the TLC show as a last ditch attempt to get her happy and healthy.
Battling the bulge: Others to feature on the eight-part documentary series include 43-year-old mother-of-one Zsalynn from San Antonio, Texas, who weight close to 600lbs
Destructive cycle: She says her life has become a daily routine of immobility, watching seven to eight hours of TV a day and gorging on sugary treats
Christina says her main goal in life is to go to college and have a 'normal marriage.'
Other subjects to appear on TLC's eight-part series, set to premiere on January 7, are 43-year-old mother-of-one Zsalynn from San Antonio, Texas.
She says her life has become a daily routine of
immobility, watching seven to eight hours of TV a day while gorging on sugary treats.
As a young child, Zsaylnn was of
normal weight until she reached eight-years-old. From freshman year to
senior year in high school, she went from 170 to 375lbs.
Breaking point: Penny, 46, from Atlanta, Georgia, is desperate to battle the bulge in a bid to be a part of her child's future - here her husband Edgar helps mover her leg in bed
Today she weighs close to 600lbs. Although her husband 'loves' her larger figure she feels depressed because she cannot provide adequate care for her nine-year-old daughter.
Similarly Penny, 46, from Atlanta, Georgia, is desperate to battle the bulge in a bid to be a part of her child's future.
She has spent the past four years living in a hospital bed and experiences her son, Liam’s life through technology, watching him arrive at school through pictures sent on her iPhone and participating in family dinners through Skype.
She felt taking part in the TLC show was her last chance to have a family, marriage and life worth living.
My 600-lb Life premieres January 7 at 9pm ET on TLC.