- Barcelona risk losing Lionel Messi or Neymar to the Premier League because of financial restrictions
- Exes at war over the gender identity of their child, 4, who was born intersex
- Polish sports stars strip off for risqué calendar
- Minnesota couple who cared for missing teens argue they are better off with them
- Blame it on Obama! Radio legend and first African-American nationally syndicated host Tom Joyner getting the boot timed to President's exit from White House
- Woman speaks out about dangers of 'clean eating' orthorexia nervosa
- Northern Arizona University gunman who shot four and killed one claiming self defense was sober - but his victims had been drinking and smoking marijuana
- Chicago mayor FIRES police chief less than a day after footage emerges showing cops at a computer terminal inside the Burger King where CCTV footage 'malfunctioned' the night Laquan McDonald was killed
- Cincinnati Bengals player Devon Still announces 5-year-old daughter Leah is cancer free and is set to leave hospital for her new princess bedroom
- Father in horrific murder-suicide slit his wife and kids' throats and then died of a drug overdose - before their bodies were all found by teenage stepdaughter
Camilla and Carole Middleton battle to be best-dressed grandmother at Prince George's christening
More from Woman
- Have yourself a Pinterest Christmas! From solar-powered chargers to glow-in-the-dark leggings, picture-sharing site reveals a list of the surprising gifts its users are lusting after most this holiday season
- The rise of the Instagram baby! Bizarre trend sees parents naming newborns after photo FILTERS, with Lux and Ludwig listed among 2015's most popular new names
- Prince Albert of Monaco reveals his adorable twins' first birthday plans
- Fairy godmother to the super-rich charges her clients thousands of pounds to live like the stars
- Woman speaks out about dangers of 'clean eating'
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
His mother is famous for her chic sense of style, while his Aunt Pippa is no stranger to making fashion headlines of her own.
Now it would appear that Prince George's grandmothers are making a bid for the title of most fashionable female relative after both put in strong performances at his christening.
Camilla, who exchanged an air kiss with the Queen as she arrived at the Chapel Royal at St James' Palace, looked wonderful in an all-cream ensemble, complete with a cosy bouclé coat and a multi-strand pearl necklace.
Scroll down for video
Elegant: New grandmothers Camilla and Carole battled it out for the title of best-dressed granny
Hello ma'am: Camilla slides into a curtsey as she greets the Queen outside the Chapel Royal
Looking good: New grandmother Carole Middleton arrives for the christening of Prince George
Meanwhile, the Duchess of Cambridge's mother Carole, who arrived a few minutes ahead of the royal party, was resplendent in a Catherine Walker designed off-white dress and tailored navy coat livened up with a chic lace panel.
Perfectly-groomed Carole, who smiled broadly as she arrived for the intimate ceremony accompanied by husband Michael and children Pippa and James, teamed her coat with a soft grey satin trimmed straw hat by milliner Jane Corbett.
Both grandmothers plumped for comfortable low-heeled leather court shoes that kept attention firmly on their outfits,
The pair joined the Duchess of Cambridge, who looked elegant in a cream ruffled suit by Alexander McQueen and a £755 bespoke Jane Taylor hat, and other members of the royal family including Prince Harry and the Queen, for the event, which was attended by just 22 people.
But although it was Prince George's big day, all eyes were on his grandmothers - both of whom have raised their style game in recent years.
Camilla's understated, regal style has been finessed since her 2005 wedding to Prince Charles, with designers such as Anna Valentine and Bruce Oldfield taking pride of place in her wardrobe.
Baptism: The Queen and Duke of Edinburgh chat with the Archbishop of Canterbury ahead of the service
All done! Prince George is carried out of the Chapel Royal by his mother after the ceremony
Happy family: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince George arrive for the Chapel Royal ceremony
Main man: Prince George, in the arms of his father, was centre of attention in his lace christening gown
Key pieces include flattering coat-dresses and elegant knee-length shift dresses which the duchess teams with pieces from her enviable jewellery collection.
The majority of the duchess' hats are bespoke and the work of some of the UK's biggest millinery names, among them Phillip Treacey and Nerida Fraiman, who also makes hats for her nieces Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
By contrast, Carole Middleton shares her eldest daughter's thrifty approach to fashion with much of her wardrobe purchased on the high street.
Like her daughters Kate and Pippa, Carole has a penchant for Whistles and Zara, but is known to splash out on occasion.
At the 2011 royal wedding, Carole plumped for Catherine Walker, who also designed her ensemble for the christening of Prince George, and chose a flattering Orla Kiely tea dress for her first meeting with her grandson at the Lindo Wing in June.
Proud parents: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge show their baby son to the Queen and Prince Phillip
Meet the family: Godmother Zara Tindall and aunt and uncle James and Pippa Middleton arrive for the service
Great grandparents: The Queen, dressed in elegant petrol blue, and the Duke of Edinburgh arrive
Uncle: Prince Harry is driven through the gates of St. James' Palace for the intimate christening ceremony
Convoy: The baby prince and his proud parents arrived at the ceremony in a convoy of cars
Support: Many of the well-wishers camped outside St James Palace carried placards congratulating the baby
Devoted: Hundreds of well-wishers waited outside St James Palace to see the baby prince on his big day