- Young mother-of-two dies during cosmetic surgery procedure in south Florida clinic that remained open hours after her death
- Natasha Oakley reveals she has 'a completely different style' for every city as she offers winter fashion tips in interview
- Former Ryder Cup star Christy O'Connor Sr has passed away at the age of 91
- Eva Longoria looks white hot as she jets out of Cannes with a wave after a triumphant reign on the red carpet
- Wasps new boy kurtley beale could face long lay-off after injury with waratahs
- Manuel pellegrini not bitter ahead of last match as manchester city boss
- HIGHLIGHTS-Rugby-Super Rugby week 12
- Junior doctors seek to 'rediscover common ground' in contract talks
- Donald Trump endorsed by former Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling
- Hull take commanding first-leg lead over derby
'We're tired of dating old bearded fishermen!' Six Alaskan women jet to sun-soaked Miami in the hope of finding true love
- 12/09/2013 13:10:00
More from Woman
- Prince Carl Philip and his wife Princess Sofia share stunning new portraits
- Ryan Reynolds pens hilarious tweets about parenting his daughter
- Male feminist details the cruel torment and abuse he faces from other guys
- Worst tattoos EVER from graphic sex scenes to racist facial inkings
- Grieving parents spend £15,000 on lavish funerals for their 'little princesses'
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
- Alaskan Women Looking For Love is a new six-part reality series from TLC
- The stars say they are on a quest to find a 'man with at least one ab'
By Sadie Whitelocks
PUBLISHED: 10:24 EST, 12 September 2013 | UPDATED: 12:10 EST, 12 September 2013
A new reality series follows six single Alaskan women aged 22 to 34, as they jet to sun-soaked Miami in the hope of finding romance.
Alaskan Women Looking For Love, set to premiere on TLC on October 6, stars Jenny, Tina, Sabina, Heather, Lacy and Haley, who all live in the remote wilds of Kodiak Island.
Each of the ladies reveal in a sneak peek trailer, that eligible bachelors in the area are scarce and Tony's - one of the few local bars - is packed out with 'old, bearded fishermen.'
Scroll down for video
Here come the girls: A new reality show follows six single Alaskan women as they jet to sun-soaked Miami in the hope of finding romance - (From left) Haley, Jenny, Tina, Heather, Lacy and Sabina)
Tina, 32, who works as a welder, tells viewers: 'We have a saying here in Alaska about our men; The odds are good, but the goods can be kind of odd.
'For a single girl looking for a guy, it can be downright scary.'
Jenny, 34, a divorcee who fell pregnant when she was just 13 years old, also agrees that dating in Kodiak 'is not like the rest of the world.'
Along with a low population, the weather is 'cold', 'wet' and 'rainy' and it stays dark for up to six months of the year.
Usual situation: Hayley seen on a date with one of the local men - like her girlfriends she said she wanted to go to Miami because she was tired of dating fishermen and bear hunters
Not much around: All of the women come from the remote wilds of Kodiak Island, where it stays dark for up to six months of the year and is usually wet and windy
Frustrated: Lacy says that most if the men in the area she knew from birth or they are related to her
A frustrated Sabina, who moved from Russia to Alaska at the age of 13, says that all she wants to do is put on heels and a dress and 'feel sexy'.
'Our saying here in Alaska about our men is; The odds are good, but the goods can be kind of odd'
But because of the terrain, all of her meet-ups involve wearing a rain jacket and rubber boots.
And instead of being taken 'somewhere special', she usually ends up being entertained by men on their fishing boats.
In a bid to find 'a man with at least one ab', she and her girlfriends agree to pack their bags and fly over 5,000 miles to the Sunshine State.
'We’re on a mission to meet the men of our dreams,' Tina exclaims.
Once there, they go on a journey of discovery.
On the prowl: In a bid to find 'a man with at least one ab', the women packed their bags and flew over 5,000 miles to the Sunshine
Overjoyed: Heather, who is seen passionately kissing a man in several shots, says her Miami experience 'feels like a fairytale' - however some of the other women struggle to control their emotions
To fit in with the locals They decide to get 'total Miami makeovers', which involve body mudpacks and waxing sessions, and they quickly ditch their layers for skimpy bikinis.
'We're like a pack of lions or something going after one gazelle'
At one point Hayley, 22, who previously said she suffered from low confidence, is seen dressed in a raunchy lingerie set smiling at the camera.
However, as the six-part series progresses the women are seen arguing as emotions run high.
'We're like a pack of lions or something going after one gazelle,' 23-year-old Lacy says during one heated conversation.
But Heather, 29, who is seen passionately kissing a man in several shots, appears lost in love.
'It really feels like a fairytale,' she exclaims.
Alaskan Women Looking For Love, premieres Sunday October 6 at 10pm ET on TLC