- Kourtney Kardashian Flashes Bra Wearing See-Through Lace Top — Too Sexy For Church?
- Rihanna Hit
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 2
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 1
- Chilling PHOTOS Show Moment Terrified Passengers Cower Under Desks and Run For Their Lives After Suicide Bomb Blasts Rock Brussels Airport
- BREAKING NEWS: At Least 28 Dead After Suicide Bomber Detonates Near American Airlines Check-In Desk At Brussels Airport Before A SECOND Blast Hits Metro Station Just Yards From EU Headquarters-UPDATE
- Belgium On Terror Lockdown: Brussels Metro Closed And People Warned To Avoid Public Areas After 'Serious And Imminent Threat' Alert Over Paris-Style ISIS Attack
- Paris Terror Suspect 'Was Planning Fresh Brussels Attack' When He Was Caught As It Emerges He Intends To SUE French Prosecutor For Revealing He Backed Out Of Blowing Himself Up
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- Beaten And Made To Carry Bags Of Rocks For 18 Hours A Day: Lesbian Ex-Mormon Tells Of Shocking Abuse Her PARENTS Subjected Her To In 'Conversion Therapy To Make Her Straight'
Jimmy Anderson has only missed five Tests since 2009... so how have England fared without their premier fast bowler?
- 05/08/2015 01:01:00
More from Cricket
- Australia captain Michael Clarke concedes the end of his career is looming but insists he's ready to keep Ashes series alive
- Fran Wilson called up for England women's squad for one-off Ashes Test against Australia in Canterbury
- Jimmy Anderson has only missed five Tests since 2009... so how have England fared without their premier fast bowler?
- Mark Wood set to replace Jimmy Anderson after playing full part in England training ahead of fourth Ashes Test at Trent Bridge
- Steven Finn: I try to play with a smile on my face but you need an air of nastiness to be a fast bowler... I want to lead the England attack in Jimmy Anderson's absence
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- How America Made Donald Trump Unstoppable
- Harper Lee Dead At The Age Of 89: 'To Kill A Mockingbird Author' Passes Away
- Baby Celebrity Look Alikes
- British Adventurer Becomes The First Person To Complete 1,600-Mile Walk From South To The North Of Madagascar After Beating Malaria And Dodging Crocodiles During His 155-Days Journey
- Bobbi Kristina's family finally make peace in Whitney Houston daughter's 'final days'
- Nicki Minaj brings her mom on stage to thank her at The 2015 BET Awards
- Justin Bieber enjoys evening out in Hollywood with Joel Houston
- 'This is more than I can handle — I'm never going to sing again': Shania Twain reveals how her husband's affair with her best friend nearly ended her career
- Jennifer Lawrence slips into very low-cut lacy LBD for dinner with her mother Karen after casual day of apartment hunting
- Caitlyn Jenner, 65, is only too happy to fill her closet during new clip of I Am Cait
- 50 Inch Fake Butt On Detroit Factory Worker Makes White Folks Say “We Thought Her Booty Was Ghetto-Fabulous!
- Captain Save-A-Storch: Broke Azz Music Producer Says Chris Brown, Rick Ross And Tyga Will Get Him Paid
- Boyfriend recounts terror hiding under bed sheets after Wall Street CEO 'burst into apartment and demanded to know if he had sex with his model assistant'
- Iceland remains most peaceful nation in the world, study says
- R.I.P: Autopsy Reveals How Lamar Odom’s Friend Bobby Heyward Died But Was It A Drug Overdose??
- Sex and the Sahara: Striking photographs of the mysterious Islamic tribe where women embrace sexual freedoms, dictate who gets what in divorce and don't wear the veil because men 'want to see their beautiful faces
- Children are giving up video games but what's the new craze that's become king?
- Vigilante cyclist films woman texting at the wheel as she drove with two young children on board
- Amber Heard turns every head in skintight black dress and scarlet heels as she makes her way to Tonight Show appearance
- 'She breached her contract': Danniella Westbrook has been axed from Hollyoaks return before filming a single scene
- Sweden's mummified bishop: Buried in 1680 with hidden baby
- Next Apple Watch could have camera, better WiFi
- Decorated bridge urges London commuters to 'Love Mondays
- Ex-White House chef's body found in New Mexico
- Game of Thrones' Lena Headey nude body double Rebecca Van Cleave defends replacement
- $3.4 billion worth of art in a little corner of Switzerland
- Greece, Russia agree explosive gas deal
- Inside the delightfully dark world of adult animation
- Saddam Hussein's tomb destroyed, but Babylon is safe as ISIS targets antiquity
- Jimmy Anderson will miss the fourth Ashes Test with a side strain
- It will be the sixth Test that Anderson has missed since 2009
- England have only won two of the previous five Tests missed since then
By Sportsmail Reporter
Published: 21:31 GMT, 4 August 2015 | Updated: 22:01 GMT, 4 August 2015
Since 2009, when he became England’s premier fast-bowler, Jimmy Anderson has missed just five Test matches. Only two of these — both against Bangladesh — were won by England.
FEB 2009 v West Indies (Kingston) Lost by an innings and 23 runs
England’s bowlers were unable to prevent West Indies posting a 74-run first-innings lead, before the tourists were skittled for 51 runs inside two sessions.
Jimmy Anderson (left) will play no part in the fourth Ashes Test at Trent Bridge starting on Thursday
England's leading wicket-taker suffered a side strain in England's victory against Australia at Edgbaston
JIMMY AT TRENT BRIDGE
Strike rate 41.00
Best match figures 11-71
MAR 2010 v Bangladesh (Chittagong) Won by 181 runs
With Anderson rested, Graeme Swann put Bangladesh to the sword with 10 wickets after first-innings tons from Alastair Cook and Paul Collingwood had put England on the front foot.
MAR 2010 v Bangladesh (Dhaka) Won by nine wickets
England again impressed with the bat in the first innings — Ian Bell top scoring with 138 — and a six wickets apiece from Swann and James Tredwell set up a comfortable England victory.
Former England off-spinner Greame Swann took 10 wickets in Chittagong against Bangladesh in 2010
Ian Bell top scored with 138 as England beat Bangladesh by nine wickets in Dhaka in 2010
JUN 2011 v Sri Lanka (Lord’s) Match drawn
England’s batsmen plundered runs on day one, but their bowlers were unable to stop Sri Lanka batting for nearly two full days in the first innings, and subsequently ran out of time to bowl them out on day five.
JUN 2012 v West Indies (Edgbaston) Match drawn
Persistent rain reduced the match to a two-day contest, but that didn’t stop the visiting batsmen posting 426 runs to see off the England attack in difficult conditions.
West Indies bowler Tino Best celebrates after reaching his half century against England's limp attack in 2012