- Magaya Saga: Names Of Those Who Where Killed Identified (SEE NAMES)
- Zimsec Clears Academic Grading Confusion
- Baby Dies After Falling Into A 20 Litre Bucket
- Tombs Motorways Bus SUED
- Jose Mourinho prepares to axe Juan Mata again as incoming Manchester United boss gears up for summer arrival at Old Trafford
- Sunderland to backtrack on intention to play Adam Johnson against Manchester United after winger pleads guilty to grooming and sexual activity with a child
- US to study Zika virus link to Guillain-Barre in Puerto Rico
- Elon Musk sees $3.3BN wiped off his fortune after Tesla and SolarCity struggle
- Twitter tanks as social network reveals user numbers have STALLED
- Jeb Bush says he's 'not dead,’ but he did spend over $1k for every vote
Jiah Khan dead: Bollywood actress found hanged at her Mumbai home
More from News
- Pomeranian Pooch Called Lulu Who Gets Mistaken For A Stuffed Toy Is Signed As A MODEL
- Student With A 22-Inch Waist Who Wants To Be Known As The 'British Barbie' Says Looks Are RUINING Her Love Life
- DIY Valentine's Day Gifts: 5 Simple Ideas You Can Make At Home
- Who's The Daddy? Cute Baby Is Adorably Confused By His Father's Twin In Funny Footage
- Rusting Old Jaguar E-Type Restored To Former Glory After 3,000 Hours
- Academic Challenges Adults To Take The 'Daunting' Grammar Test Faced By 11-Year-Olds - So How Will YOU Fare?
- The Shocking Moment A CHEETAH Jumps On To A Safari Vehicle And Refuses To Move For Almost An Hour
- Relationship Expert Reveals The Six Reasons Your Partner Hasn't Proposed
- Travel Mad Mum Takes 10-Week-Old Baby Esmé Around The World While On Maternity Leave
- Top 5 Most Common Accidents At Work And How To Claim If You've Been Hurt
- Where to find the cheapest pancakes – the shop where they cost just 3.5p each
- Video Shows Five-Metre Great White Shark Brushing Against Narooma Fisherman's Boat
- Can You Really Make A Chocolate Cake Without Milk, Eggs Or Butter?
- Error 53: iPhones 'Disabled' If Apple Detects Repairs Have Been Carried Out By Third Party
- Enjoy Breathtaking Coastal Views And Your Very Own Taste Of Hawaii At Newly Refurbished Park Plaza Arena Pula
- Oktoberfest, Apple Strudel And... Palm Trees! Inside The Traditional German Alpine Village In The Middle Of A Tropical Forest In VENEZUELA
- Five (5) Ways To Make Your Life Easier Using Binder Clips
- The Nine Popular Tourist Holiday Destinations With Shockingly High Murder Rates
- Yawning Is MORE Contagious Among Women Due To Their Higher Levels Of Empathy
- Here's How Science Can Help You Make The Perfect Nacho Cheese - Just In Time For Budweiser Super Bowl
- See Cheeky Puppy Play Dead In Hilarious Bid To Avoid Bath Time
- 10 Interview Question Responses You Should Know Off By Heart
- Are You Groundhog Dating? The 14 Steps To Take To Break The Habit Of Being With The SAME Type Of Man And Meet Mr Right
- Polar Bear Teaches Her Cubs To Swim In Canada In Amazing Photos
- THIS Is What 52 Looks Like! Ruth Wilkinson Shares Her Tips On Staying Young
- Ten Most Viewed Properties For Sale Have 60 Bedrooms Between Them And Are Worth £75 Million
- Jordon Cox Exposed Rip-Off Fares And Now He Can Save You A Fortune
- Three Chihuahuas Have Become Instagram Stars With Decadent Photos Of Them Quaffing Champagne, Having Makeovers And Even Bodybuilding
- Warning Over Cherry Flavoured E-Cigarettes: Study Finds They Irritate The Airways More Than Other Types - And Even Tobacco
- 'Welcome To Dumpsville!' Spurned Lovers Take To Reddit To Share Break-Up Stories
- Jiah Khan was found hanged at her Mumbai home by her mother
- The 25-year-old is said to have been 'very depressed' about her career
- Khan was born in New York and raised in Chelsea, west London
- She last appeared in the hit comedy Housefull in 2010
By Steve Nolan
PUBLISHED: 05:57 EST, 4 June 2013 | UPDATED: 08:14 EST, 4 June 2013
A Bollywood actress has been found dead at her home in Mumbai, according to police.
Jiah Khan was reportedly found hanged by her mother at their apartment in the Indian city.
Police have said that no suicide note was found and are currently seeking information from Miss Khan's neighbours.
Tragic: Bollywood actress Jiah Khan was reportedly found hanged in her apartment by her mother
Star: Miss Khan appeared in her first Bollywood film, based loosely on Nabakov's Lolita in 2007
The mother and sister of the actress are said to have gone out and she was alone at the apartment when the incident happened.
They found Jiah hanged when they returned home.
Fellow Bollywood stars and fans of the actress took to Twitter to express their shock at her death.
Ram Gopal Varma, who directed her debut film Nishabd, said that she had been 'very depressed' about her career.
She reportedly wanted to pursue a career in interior design when her acting career failed to meet its early potential.
The 25-year-old actress made her Bollywood debut in 2007, playing the 18-year-old female lead opposite one of India's leading actors, Amitabh Bachchan, in a film loosely based on Vladimir Nabokov's classic novel Lolita.
Filmmaker Varma wrote on Twitter: 'Never ever seen a debutant actress with more spunk and more spirit than Jiah when I was directing her in Nishabd.
Actress: The director of Miss Khan's breakthrough film said that when he last saw Jiah she was 'very depressed' about her film career
'I don't know the reason what led to this but Jiah was very depressed about her career and scared for her future,' he said in another tweet.
He added: 'The last time I met her Jiah told me that everyone around her makes her feel like a failure.'
Khan, whose real name was Nafisa Khan, was born in New York and grew up in Chelsea, London.
Talented: Jiah Khan pictured in 2003 aged 16. She was raised in Chelsea, west London and returned to her native New York to train as an actress at the age of 17
She returned to New York at the age of 17 to study acting, according to her website.
She had been dating Suraj Pancholi, son of Bollywood actor Aditya Pancholi, for around a year.
Police are reportedly questioning Suraj as he is said to have been the last person to see her alive.
Nishabd received mixed reviews and did not do well at the Bollywood box office but Khan went on to play supporting roles in two blockbusters, the psychological thriller Ghajini in 2008 and the comedy Housefull, her last role, in 2010.
Amitabh Bachchan tweeted his shock at the death of the actress.
He said: 'WHAT ...!!! Jiah Khan? What has happened? Is this correct? Unbelievable!!!'
choreographer Farah Khan tweeted: 'Can't register that Jiah is no more... Worked with her in Housefull and she was so beautiful and such a good soul. Too young to go Jiah.'
Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor tweeted: 'Shocked n saddened to hear about jiah khan ... Very disturbing ... RIP ....may her soul rest in peace.'
According to Miss Khan's website, she was to play a part in a forthcoming Hollywood production.
As well as her Bollywood acting, she had appeared in an advert for animal campaign group PETA.
She was the daughter of Ali Rivzi Khan, an Indian-American actress who found fame in the 1980s.