- Kourtney Kardashian Flashes Bra Wearing See-Through Lace Top — Too Sexy For Church?
- Rihanna Hit
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 2
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 1
- Chilling PHOTOS Show Moment Terrified Passengers Cower Under Desks and Run For Their Lives After Suicide Bomb Blasts Rock Brussels Airport
- BREAKING NEWS: At Least 28 Dead After Suicide Bomber Detonates Near American Airlines Check-In Desk At Brussels Airport Before A SECOND Blast Hits Metro Station Just Yards From EU Headquarters-UPDATE
- Belgium On Terror Lockdown: Brussels Metro Closed And People Warned To Avoid Public Areas After 'Serious And Imminent Threat' Alert Over Paris-Style ISIS Attack
- Paris Terror Suspect 'Was Planning Fresh Brussels Attack' When He Was Caught As It Emerges He Intends To SUE French Prosecutor For Revealing He Backed Out Of Blowing Himself Up
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- Beaten And Made To Carry Bags Of Rocks For 18 Hours A Day: Lesbian Ex-Mormon Tells Of Shocking Abuse Her PARENTS Subjected Her To In 'Conversion Therapy To Make Her Straight'
Sun Princess forced to cancel first cruise after £20 million revamp
- 20/08/2013 11:00:00
More from Travel
- A Trip To London
- Siberia's most ancient rock carvings revealed and may be 10,000-years-old
- Potential MH370 Plane window washes up on Reunion Island beach
- 'Unspoilt beauty': Jaunti set to become one of India's top tourist spot
- The most remarkable and remote art in the world revealed
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- How America Made Donald Trump Unstoppable
- Harper Lee Dead At The Age Of 89: 'To Kill A Mockingbird Author' Passes Away
- Baby Celebrity Look Alikes
- British Adventurer Becomes The First Person To Complete 1,600-Mile Walk From South To The North Of Madagascar After Beating Malaria And Dodging Crocodiles During His 155-Days Journey
- Bobbi Kristina's family finally make peace in Whitney Houston daughter's 'final days'
- Nicki Minaj brings her mom on stage to thank her at The 2015 BET Awards
- Justin Bieber enjoys evening out in Hollywood with Joel Houston
- 'This is more than I can handle — I'm never going to sing again': Shania Twain reveals how her husband's affair with her best friend nearly ended her career
- Jennifer Lawrence slips into very low-cut lacy LBD for dinner with her mother Karen after casual day of apartment hunting
- Caitlyn Jenner, 65, is only too happy to fill her closet during new clip of I Am Cait
- 50 Inch Fake Butt On Detroit Factory Worker Makes White Folks Say “We Thought Her Booty Was Ghetto-Fabulous!
- Captain Save-A-Storch: Broke Azz Music Producer Says Chris Brown, Rick Ross And Tyga Will Get Him Paid
- Boyfriend recounts terror hiding under bed sheets after Wall Street CEO 'burst into apartment and demanded to know if he had sex with his model assistant'
- Iceland remains most peaceful nation in the world, study says
- R.I.P: Autopsy Reveals How Lamar Odom’s Friend Bobby Heyward Died But Was It A Drug Overdose??
- Sex and the Sahara: Striking photographs of the mysterious Islamic tribe where women embrace sexual freedoms, dictate who gets what in divorce and don't wear the veil because men 'want to see their beautiful faces
- Children are giving up video games but what's the new craze that's become king?
- Vigilante cyclist films woman texting at the wheel as she drove with two young children on board
- Amber Heard turns every head in skintight black dress and scarlet heels as she makes her way to Tonight Show appearance
- 'She breached her contract': Danniella Westbrook has been axed from Hollyoaks return before filming a single scene
- Sweden's mummified bishop: Buried in 1680 with hidden baby
- Next Apple Watch could have camera, better WiFi
- Decorated bridge urges London commuters to 'Love Mondays
- Ex-White House chef's body found in New Mexico
- Game of Thrones' Lena Headey nude body double Rebecca Van Cleave defends replacement
- $3.4 billion worth of art in a little corner of Switzerland
- Greece, Russia agree explosive gas deal
- Inside the delightfully dark world of adult animation
- Saddam Hussein's tomb destroyed, but Babylon is safe as ISIS targets antiquity
63 Brits among passengers who had booked first voyage after 2-week drydock
The first cruise on Sun Princess following work during a two-week, £20 million dry dock has been abruptly cancelled, leaving 2,000 passengers nowhere to go but back home.
The 14-day voyage, which should have left Singapore today, was called off at the last minute, with passengers swarming around the city's new cruise terminal.
A power failure has limited the ship's ability to operate cabin lighting and air conditioning, vacuum toilet systems, and the galley.
A statement from Princess Cruises said: "While Sun Princess was alongside at the Marina Bay Cruise Centre in Singapore, there was a malfunction to the ship’s switchboard resulting in limited onboard power hindering our ability to run all hotel operations.
"Regretfully, we've made the decision to cancel the cruise scheduled to depart today in order to carry out the necessary repairs." The ship will now resume service on September 3, the date it had originally been expected to arrive in Fremantle, Australia.
A team of Princess staff has flown to Singapore to help the passengers - mostly Australian, but including 63 from the UK - to arrange hotel accommodation and flights home paid for by the company. Those who were booked in cabins which still have power are being accommodated on board temporarily. Each passenger will also receive a full refund of their fare and a 100 per cent credit on a future cruise.
Sun Princess, built in 1995, is a sister ship to P&O's Oceana. It has been operating in Australian waters since 2007.
The dry dock enhancement carried out at Singapore's Sembawang yard was planned to bring the vessel up to date by incorporating many of the features found on the line's newer ships. New features included an atrium and specialist restaurant Kai Sushi.
The Horizon Court buffet was to be revamped and the ship's top deck hamburger grill was transformed into an al fresco barbeque venue. The Lotus Spa also received a full makeover.
Once it returns to service, the ship will sail a season of Asia and Australia cruises before beginning a second season of Japan-based cruising in April.