- Kourtney Kardashian Flashes Bra Wearing See-Through Lace Top — Too Sexy For Church?
- Rihanna Hit
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 2
- Brussels Airport Explosions Leave Many Dead - Part 1
- Chilling PHOTOS Show Moment Terrified Passengers Cower Under Desks and Run For Their Lives After Suicide Bomb Blasts Rock Brussels Airport
- BREAKING NEWS: At Least 28 Dead After Suicide Bomber Detonates Near American Airlines Check-In Desk At Brussels Airport Before A SECOND Blast Hits Metro Station Just Yards From EU Headquarters-UPDATE
- Belgium On Terror Lockdown: Brussels Metro Closed And People Warned To Avoid Public Areas After 'Serious And Imminent Threat' Alert Over Paris-Style ISIS Attack
- Paris Terror Suspect 'Was Planning Fresh Brussels Attack' When He Was Caught As It Emerges He Intends To SUE French Prosecutor For Revealing He Backed Out Of Blowing Himself Up
- Rihanna ft Drake Work (African Version)
- Beaten And Made To Carry Bags Of Rocks For 18 Hours A Day: Lesbian Ex-Mormon Tells Of Shocking Abuse Her PARENTS Subjected Her To In 'Conversion Therapy To Make Her Straight'
Smartphone Self-Portraits Are All the Rage But Are You Matching Your iPhone Cover to Your Outfit Yet?
- 22/12/2012 12:50:00
More from Woman
- Whisper users reveal why they SETTLED for their current partner
- King Felipe turns sailor during Mallorca holiday but Queen Letizia is absent
- Lady Lara Asprey reveals her dating tips for women struggling to bag Mr Right
- Holiday cocktails could be making you fat as calories in top drinks revealed
- Video game enthusiasts raise £14,000 to create Pixel Panties
- Best Asian Sexy Girls Gallery, Let's check it out !
Gone are the days of matching your nails to your lipstick - now, it's all about matching your smartphone case to your outfit.
The picture-sharing social media boom via sites like Twitter and Instagram means demand is soaring for smartphone covers which look good in a picture taken in a mirror.
The smartphone is no longer just a medium for picture sharing, but an aesthetic object in itself.
Leading the way in accommodating your new needs are Australian brands Black Milk and The Dairy, the former make the clothes, the latter, the phone cases.
While Black milk make creative, pattern printed lycra clothes - perfect for cloning onto phone cases, The Dairy prints the patterns onto phone cases. They're: 'constantly growing and updating the designs available so that you can find the perfect case to express who you are, match your outfit or even to suit your mood'.
The Dairy's goal is that 'you’ll love your new phone case so much, you’ll proudly put your phone face down to show it off. After all – how much better would the world be if we all put our phones face down more often?'
You might get a few admirers noticing on the bus, but the way to really show off your mastermind matching is with an artsy self-portrait, preferably with a vintage filter on, posted on a social media site.
This boom in 'showing off' is done mainly via the mediums of Twitter and Instagram.
Now, everyone is their own personal pap, autobiographically documenting their meals, outfits, sights and conquests.
Checking into hot places or tweeting pictures of gourmet meals and holidays while everyone is stuck in the office has become de rigeur for busy twenty and thirty somethings and matching your smartphone case to your clothes is just the next step on the one-upmanship that social media inspires.
With snazzy vintage filters like Nashville, Valencia and Low-Fi, Instagram's 50 million users are looking at new ways to make their pictures sassier than the next person's.
While Instagram was launched in 2010 with only £309,000 ($500,000) seed money, this September Facebook finalized a deal to acquire the company and its employees for roughly $1billion in cash and stock, promising to keep it independently managed.
Cameron Parker said of The Dairy: 'What I've found more exciting is girls buying 2-5 cases from the collection to mix it up with their wardrobe and or changing it their case daily to suit their mood.'
Away from The Dairy's designs festiva fashionistas can even get festive with a Christmas jumper case.
From jolly looking polar bears to Santa riding on his sleigh, retailer InspireMyCase has launched a range of iPhone cases plastered with scenes inspired by Christmas jumpers 'to enable people to add a little bit of personality, fun or style to their cases'.